Main Dining Hall - will probably use it for desserts & dancingPictures were borrowed from Here Comes The Guide, a wonderful wedding resource for those who want to wed in California. Here's a description of the Hollins House from Here Comes The Guide:
The Hollins House, built in 1929 by championship golfer Marion Hollins, is located above the Pasatiempo Golf Club in the Santa Cruz Mountains, not far from Highway 17. Approached through acres of green fairways, the house is situated atop a knoll and offers panoramic views of Monterey Bay. You can reserve either the entire facility or just the Hollins Room and patio.
The main dining room is very long, with high ceilings, big mirrors and picture windows with views of the garden and ocean beyond. There’s also a fireplace and hardwood parquet dance floor. The Tap Room is a more informal space, a cocktail lounge with a long brass bar, fireplace and windows overlooking garden and ocean. The adjacent garden is narrow, with a lawn bordered by profusely blooming impatiens. A medium-sized patio, surrounded by wisteria and situated next to the Hollins Room, is a picturesque place for an outdoor reception. The Hollins Room is an intimate private dining room with a big mirror, fireplace, chandelier, rounded bay windows with bench seat and a vista of the Pacific Ocean framed by nearby oak trees. The banquet coordinator will assist you with all of your event arrangements, from flowers to specialized menus.
We rented the entire property for our wedding because we wanted an intimate, relaxed feel to it. We love the place because it looks very elegant but homey at the same time. I realize that's a difficult description to imagine, but you'll know what I mean when you're there. The stunning view from the backyard was what got me interested the first time I saw the pictures from the internet (while researching for our perfect venue). When we actually visited the place, the views just totally blew us away.
I've raved endlessly about the Hollins House to any poor soul who showed a smidge of interest about my wedding plans...perfect views, amazing house, awesome service. And I know that's what I'm doing now with this post, but you HAVE to hear this one last detail, because it is the most important: renting the whole house comes with a wedding coordinator as a bonus! Sweet!
I've raved endlessly about the Hollins House to any poor soul who showed a smidge of interest about my wedding plans...perfect views, amazing house, awesome service. And I know that's what I'm doing now with this post, but you HAVE to hear this one last detail, because it is the most important: renting the whole house comes with a wedding coordinator as a bonus! Sweet!
-posted by tanya-




5 comments:
hey tans! it's so beautiful!
Breathtaking! Excited na ako sa wedding nyo!
WOW! Super duper nice, Tans! So romantic and elegant...now, I wanna get married, too! hehehehe
We're super excited too! I feel like I want the engagement photo shoot next month and the wedding 2 months from now! I just really really hope we will be able to execute the wedding plans as we've imagined it.
hi tans! love your wedding venue! it's gorgeous!
Post a Comment