11.25.2008

i saw yang!

In the 8 years I've been living in this country, what bums me most is that i have never seen anybody famous. Shallow much? That changed, however, one fateful 80-degree sunshiney day in November, while walking in the awesome streets of Hayes Valley in San Francisco:

I. Saw. Yang!!!

Of all the celebrities vying for the-first-ever-famous-person-i-saw title, I am ecstatic that it's Sandra Oh! If it were Izzy, for example, I'd just say, "Oh yeah, I saw Katherine Heigl yesterday. Whatever." Same goes for George or Karev. Whatever. But no, no, no...this is Cristina Yang we're talking about! I just had to blog about it.


I have been hooked on Grey's Anatomy since day one but have never found the urge to blog about it until now. That's what seeing Yang does to me. I saw her twice, too, in different streets. Now, you'll probably ask, "Well, are you going to show us any pictures? Any autographs?" And I'd have to say "No."

I SUCK. I got too shy. See, here's my whole pop-psychology on Sandra Oh: she's a serious actor and probably doesn't care much about the celebrity status...therefore, her privacy is of utmost important to her. And I, being a huge fan, want to respect that. Sigh...I know. I suck. I shouldn't have cared about her privacy since she doesn't know me and probably won't see me ever again. And I'm not exactly applying to be her new best friend (although that would be neat, wouldn't it?). So now I'm left with borrowing pictures of Yang wearing scrubs from ABC.com, instead of showing off pictures of her wearing a yellow top and baggy pants. Oh well. But, hey, I saw Yang, and I could blog about it (sans proof).



2 comments:

Mai da Paypay said...

hahahah! chikitans na remember ko ang first celebrity ever na nakita mo diri sa Philippines....si Caridad Sanchez! hooray!

Carla said...

me i think it was juday..saw her at the national bookstore katipunan..heheheh..