-posted by mark-
7.29.2005
Glass half...um, whatever.
My path to fitness has taken a detour. I recently joined a health club a few miles from the house to get in shape. I was doing fine the first month (I lost about 5 lbs.), but I hurt my back today. I was getting ready for work, reached for my shaver when suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my lower back. No, not that low. That would probably be something else. Anyways, I did a little stretching, lay down for a little bit, and decided that I was going to be okay. Nothing that a patch couldn't remedy, right? Well, two and a half hours into my shift and I got the answer--FUCK, NO! Lunch turned into E.O. ("early out") and now, I might even miss the next few days. I know I shouldn't complain; it is the weekend after all. It's just that I don't want to go through visiting my doctor, possibly getting a shot (in the lower, lower back), and calling work so they can find a replacement for me--someone who'll end up taking the money I should be making. Not exactly how I'd want to spend a weekend off. Well, at least I got to post something here after a long while. And I got away from the 100+ degree oven that's pretty much anywhere outside the house. And I was able to watch the Arrested Development marathon on Fox. You know what? Maybe it isn't all that bad after all. OWW! Ah, damn it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment