7.24.2005

updates

I have been freakishly busy since I came back from my Vegas vacation. Here are some quick updates (just to fill all of you in):


  • I arrived in San Jose (after my well-deserved vacation in Vegas) to find that all of my stuff were still in the duplex we lived in for 4 years. Nobody ever thought of moving my stuff to the newly bought house out of kindness... mom: "it's not fair that you're vacationing happily while we do all the work here, so we decided that you move your own stuff." HRRRMP! One long week later, i have managed to move all of my stuff to the new house with minimal help from my two bulay-og brothers (sorry, no english word could capture the essence of bulay-og).
  • Newly bought house is not new: it was built in 1963. Therefore, renovations are in order. With not enough money to have it professionally done, we decided that we do all the work instead. Masochistic, i know.
  • From July1-July 5, our family went up to Lake Tahoe for the 4th of July weekend. We camped at this fantastic place called Emerald Bay State Park (will post pictures soon). We spent the whole day of July 4 on the beach (pitched a tent, barbecued, and waited for the fireworks at night). While my brother, our 2 younger cousins, and I were happily paddling on Lake Tahoe, my brother-in-law got into a fist fight with another guy over....(drum roll please).......parking!!! With dampened spirits and a lot of retelling about the fight, we waited for the fireworks to start at 10:00pm. When it finally started, all thoughts of earlier violence were erased from my mind as i watched open-mouthed at the wonderful display of fireworks. It was 35 minutes long. The eventful day ended with me wanting to pee so bad while stuck in a horrible traffic while trying to go back to our distant campsite (after a very long deliberation, i decided to pee in a balde).
  • I started my summer internship at a hospital last thursday. I work 8-hour shifts, twice a week. Best part: I get paid. Worst part: i need to keep a journal and write other (i think) unnecessary stuff about our work experience as part of our school requirement. Instead of starting the journal and writing my goals (ugh!), i decided to write on this journal (once learned, procrastination skills will never be lost).
  • Yesterday was devoted entirely to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I forgot to attend the birthday party i was supposed to attend, forgot to take a shower, forgot that it was an extremely hot day, forgot to eat, forgot to drink. Vive le Harry Potter! (commentary on the book deserves another blog)

Now, I think we're all caught up.


-posted by tanya-

No comments: