These feelings ran rampant during our first year of being engaged. I kept vacillating between getting married in style and getting married in court. For a time there, I thought I was pretty firm on not having a big wedding. I was saying things like "We'll probably have a judge marry us, dinner with immediate family at some restaurant, and have a nice, long honeymoon in some far away place." Boy, was I so wrong!
Around July/August, Botsie was hit full-on with the wedding planning fever; after spending long hours chatting with her, I eventually caught the bug...and now mired in-deep in the whole process. Wedding planning is SO much fun, it brings out the inner diva in every woman. From "I won't settle with anything BUT letterpress!" (that's actually me, making a passionate speech to Mark so he'll agree to spend a LOT on our invitations) to "the food shouldn't be anything less than AWESOME!" (that's my best imitation of what Botsie might have said to Alec). But I digress. The reason for this post is to vent out some guilt feelings for spending (and still more spending to come) for the wedding. I keep wondering if it's all justifiable in the end. Is the once-in-a-lifetime big wedding really worth it OR is it better to just keep all the money to get a good headstart in life? It's a bit too late for me to answer that question without bias; however, I can't help mulling over it. And feeling the guilt while mulling.
What do you think? What would you choose if it were your turn to get married? Or if you're married, how did you come up with your decision?
-posted by tanya-
2 comments:
eeeeeeeeekkkk!!! i just read this entry. grabe no? sometimes i also think na tani nag small wedding na lang kami. tani wala na kami nangita venue sa tagaytay. tani tani tani. but you know in the end, you will realize that there's actually a reason ngaa nag decide ikaw nga ma spend sa wedding. more than feeling diva-ish. more than the big day being the most special day of a couple's life. ours just surfaced today, or so I think. it's somewhat spiritual. i'll tell you about it when we chat.
and don't worry about the money. weddings are always a blessing, tans. and all kinds of blessings are never burdensome. yes, i'm talking based from experience. i hope to chat with you soon! and by the way, i think this is normal. i've been to this phase you're going through right now. you'll get through this, i promise! and then you'll have a beautiful glow on your wedding day, and will realize what a pain in the ass you were, for even thinking of having a very simple ceremony ;-) miss you gwapa! let's chat soon! stop doing OT na! mwah!
ey tans, i just read your blog. i guess it's really up to you what you really want. every girl would want it to be very special, so that you could tell the story to your kids and grandkids in the future. =D
and when you look at the pictures in the future, you'll be reminded of the memories and how you felt very beautiful and loved by everyone on your wedding day.
Post a Comment