3.07.2008

packing like there's no tomorrow

It feels surreal, but the day actually came for our first trip back to the Philippines. Sixteen hours to go for our flight! Like the true crammer that I am, I just got done packing (and now I'm on to blogging, oh my), and it's already 5am.

In total honesty, my excitement is buried deep in a mountain of stress and aching muscles. Packing is such hard work! It took a LOT out of me, mentally and physically. I had to fill and pack 2 balikbayan boxes and 2 luggages (and the carry-on backpack). It's like building a 3D Puzzle. Sigh. And where is my partner-in-crime, you say? Why is he not helping with the packing? Well let me teach you a lesson in Relationship 101: men. can't. pack. for. trips. EVER.

Here's a little scenario IF Mark packed for us both...
him: Wow! The sun's really burning. Do we have sunscreen?
me: I don't know. You were the one who packed our things.
him: Uh-oh. I think I forgot to bring those.

In comparison, here's how it usually goes with us...
him: Uhhhhhhh....ummm...*searching*....I think I forgot to bring my toothbrush. Can we drop by at some store to buy one?
me: No need. Here you go. I brought you one.

See how much better that is? True story, by the way. The list goes on and on about essential things he forgets to bring during trips. I think I enabled this alzheimeric habit of his. If I weren't so darned reliable with packing, maybe he'd learn to pack effectively. But then, that would mean me suffering for several trips before he'd learn his lesson. It's like catch-22 or something.

------------

To my friends in the Philippines: see you soon!

-posted by tanya-


1 comment:

Carla said...

see ya tans! =D *excited*
have a safe trip.