During days when I go "Oh man! I'd give anything to be able to eat mangosteen!", California just pulls through for me. Mangosteens galore show up in some random asian supermarket. Here's a collage that I aptly titled "Now You See 'Em, Now You Don't":
I went through the mangosteen so fast that I totally forgot I had family who also wanted in on the action. By the time I realized my selfish ways, I only had 2 left for the 3 of them to devour. So-rreeeee!
To illustrate how precious these mangosteens are...well, that little bag you see in the first photo? It cost me $13! They're $6.99/lb! You miss the taste of the tropics, you pay the price. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying it's expensive. The fact that it's even available here is enough to make me love California in more ways than one (and that "one" being the glorious weather).
Forget earthquakes, man. With the excellent weather and the abundance of tropical fruits, what more can you ask for?
-posted by tanya-


No comments:
Post a Comment