7.03.2008

DIY Craftanza! series

Exactly 94 days left until the BIG day! I was off from work for 2 days, so I thought I should get cracking on my looooong list of DIY projects. I'm a crafty chicken and I'm short of money, so hey, DIY it is.

This post will be the first in my "DIY Craftanza!" series. Because mass producing stuff under strict deadline is such a pain in the ass, I decided to blog about the whole experience so I could at least feel some gratification after all the hard work. So without further ado, let me present to you my...

Tissue Pomander!
(as inspired by, who else?, Martha Stewart!)


for the how-to, visit Martha here

I used the instructions for napkin rings, and used shorter wire because i wanted to make a pomander. For the pomander, I bought 5-inch styrofoam balls from Michaels, applied hot glue to the twisted wire and the bottom of each tissue flower, and stuck the flowers into the styro ball. I also cut a similar-colored ribbon, tied it in a knot, slip wire through the loop and twist to secure, hot-glued the twisted wire, and stuck it in the styroball.

And now, for the final product...tadaaaaaaaaaa!

hanging pomander
(mom used an old coat hanger as her "flower drying stand")

I'm planning to make 10 of these babies, but I can't complete this project yet because the pomanders might get flattened in storage. I'm thinking of making the tedious stuff in advance:

premade

No worries with storing these...I'll bust them out a week before the wedding and make the pomanders. Here's the look I'm aiming for:

(photo from Southern Weddings Style Magazine)

With the varying heights and the different shades of aqua, I think it'll look absolutely yummy. Plus, with that height, nobody will notice that my pomanders are made of tissue. Real flowers are so expensive yo!

Watcha think? Gratify me!

-posted by tanya-

2 comments:

Mai da Paypay said...

oh nothing can match labor of love! those tissue pomanders are to die for. i suggest you finish all DIY projects 2 weeks before your wedding, because a week before, you'll be so swamped with wedding stuff that you forgot you still have to do, you wish you had done most DIYs the previous week! i put off wrapping our giveaways because i thought dust would gather into them lang, i ended up cramming. remember, you need to beauty rest pa. just store those pomanders somewhere the little kids can't reach

Anonymous said...

Nice tans! Very pretty. Nami guid man kung may perosnal touch. I;m happy to hear that Mark is helping out. hehehe.