11.29.2007

Color Palette

As promised, I'm devoting this entire post to my wedding color palette: Emerald and Aqua. To better demonstrate the colors Mark & I chose, I'd like to share our inspiration board with you guys...

photo credits (clockwise from top left):
1) Aqua mason jars from Martha Stewart weddings, 2) moss pillow from MS weddings,
3) swizzle sticks from MS weddings
, 4) boutonnieres from MS weddings,
5) Bridesmaids' dresses from David's Bridal, 6) scene from Hollins House at Pasatiempo

7) topiary from theknot.com, 8) neckties from MS weddings,
9) flowergirl from MS weddings, 10) gown from Monique Lhuillier


I fell in love with these colors the first time I laid my eyes on them (that is, the moment I received my copy of Martha Stewart Weddings magazine, Fall 2007 issue! Yes, yes, I am psycho about Martha). When I saw these colors, my heart raced, and I immediately knew. No more pink & brown...no more black & red...no more butter yellow & sage green...the list went on and on, mind you. Emerald and Aqua just clicked. They defined "us" so effortlessly.

Shortly after he proposed, Mark and I instantly agreed that we wanted our wedding on a grassy bluff with the ocean as our backdrop. We changed locations several times (Hawaii, Monterey, Big Sur) but we always stuck to our ideal setting. Our color palette, however, changed almost every month until I saw our colors two months ago. Now I understand why we were so drawn to these colors: emerald green for the grassy bluff and aqua blue for the ocean backdrop! I felt really giddy with delight at how it all fell perfectly into place. Botsie was also quick to add that green meant La Salle and blue meant Ateneo. Always trust botsie to point out odd-yet-suprisingly-accurate details like that.

I love how our colors seem so organic, reflected everywhere in Nature: blue skies, green grass, blue waters, green trees. The colors are also serene, calming, and at the same time, refreshing to look at. They truly complement our laid-back personalities. And to truly seal the deal on these colors (not that we needed any more convincing), I realized that Mark gave me a ring that came in an aqua-colored box ;). I have to say, these colors are just meant to be for us.

Once the colors were made official, everything just snowballed thereafter. In just a span of two months, we have our date, venue, and photographer all set. If there's anything I've realized after writing this post, it is this: color/theme is so central to wedding planning that it's almost impossible to truly start the process without one.

-posted by tanya-

4 comments:

bingthegreat said...

Refreshing colors nga, tans. and the wedding gown, it's very very lovely! i just know it will look good on your physique. ching!

Anonymous said...

yeah! i agree with christine. your gown is lovely!

Carla said...

nice motif tans! =D

- karen - said...

gorgeous colors tans... my fave colors actually, hehe!

again, CONGRATULATIONS!

P.S.
myrha is getting married too! WOW! thanks to your blog for letting me know, hehe!