6.02.2008

Wedding Vendors

Compared to how others plan for their weddings, I feel like I'm such a complacent bride. Why do I say that? Various wedding bloggers have suggested that a bride should choose at least 3 vendors per category (such as DJ, florist, photographer,etc), interview them, then choose the best vendor for the job. Not for me. I research online, choose ONE vendor, interview...then, voila! They're hired! Does that make you nervous?

I've been thinking about the whole wedding planning process and how I'm going about it. Sometimes it worries me that we haven't even tried interviewing other vendors. Could we have gotten a better deal with another had we interviewed more? The thing is, with Mark and myself, we do so much research beforehand, that we pretty much go to the interviews just to seal the deal and sign the contracts! Maybe if they felt they had some kind of competition, they'd offer more discounts on their services. But then again, we feel like we got really good deals already. We feel that the vendors we hired are great and easy to work with. But who's to say that it's not their marketing charm working on us?

We LOVE the vendors we've hired so far. *knocks on wood* We feel that they're the best people for us. Take for example our photographer, Danielle. We looked at various online portfolios and decided we liked her style best. We set up an appointment to meet with her, and 1 hour later, she's hired. And look at how great the outcome of the engagement photos are. Same with our DJ, Eugene. I saw him perform at my cousin's wedding, and decided he should be the DJ for our wedding.


Hmm, I don't know. Maybe I'm just putting too much thought into this feeling-of-complacency crap. Maybe I'm not complacent. Maybe I'm the kind of bride who knows exactly what she wants. Maybe.

-posted by tanya-

1 comment:

Mai da Paypay said...

ay okay lang na no! that's how we hired our suppliers, one meeting pag gusto na, okay na. ang supplier pa gani nga gin carefully gin pili pili pa namon, and we thought amo na ang nami nami gid mag deliver ang nag fail. so it doesn't matter. normally luck lang gid, or check out forums for feedbacks :-P miss you! you haven't been online