7.10.2008

The Haves and Have Nots

85 days til the big day, and we're still not done with vendor-hunting or the mountain-high to-do list. For posterity's sake, or maybe just so I could scare myself into action, here are the major things we need to get done:
  • find a wedding officiant
  • obtain marriage license
  • decide on ceremony content & music
  • write wedding vows
  • make wedding programs
  • buy wedding rings
  • buy entourage gifts
  • decide on mark's attire, and his groomsmen's as well
  • buy wedding hair accessory
  • buy wedding shoes
  • decide on flow of events during reception
  • decide on reception set-up
Okay, my stomach lurched and ached as I was typing the to-dos. Soooo many major things! I noticed that a LOT of the stuff in my to-do list is about the ceremony. What with us going the non-traditional route and trying to make everything as personal as possible, we have been procrastinating on what to do with the ceremony. It's so counterintuitive, I know. (
The reception is the fun part, so naturally, I already have that squared away). Note to self: call the officiant that Margy recommended tomorrow!

Here's something to make me feel a little better... a list of things that we've already accomplished or booked:
  • venue
  • DJ
  • photographer
  • florist (a gifted uncle, really)
  • wedding gown
  • bridesmaids' gowns
  • invitation & save-the-date cards
  • hair & make-u
  • favors
  • bought comfort-related stuff for guests
  • bought some items needed for decor

See? I prioritized the fun stuff, and procrastinated on the serious stuff. So typically us. Oh well.

Pray that I'll be galvanized into action tomorrow.

-posted by tanya-

No comments: