7.07.2008

The Making of a Mad Bride

Botsie is probably now meeting with Tita Merly, the wedding gown-maker...to get. my. dress! aaaaaahhhhh!!!! The suspense is killing me! I want to see it sooo bad, I'm just waiting right in front of the computer, drumming my fingers, waiting for Botsie to reply to my IMs and my text messages.

--------------

Oooooh! Botsie said the gown is now with her hunnybunny Alec, and that he's going home at 6pm (that's 1.5 hrs from now!). Ohmygosh
ohmygoshohmygosh! I'm so excited!!!

-------------

Oh man! What to do? I still have 1 more hour of waiting...and it's absolutely killing me! I think I should just watch DVD or something.

------------

Decided not to watch DVD. Just browsing through Weddingbee and SMP. Still have 35 min. left til Alec gets home. I think I might be awaiting Alec's going home more than Botsie is right now.

------------

I swear to god that clock is MOCKING me!!! 25 min til 6pm! That can't be! I swear I spent lots of time reading Weddingbee blog entries already! Aaaaaaah! It should at least be...like...10 minutes til 6pm!

------------

Bummer! Just found out that Alec's leaving his office at 7pm because he was a bit late going to work this morning. Alec, WHY? Why do you have to be late on this very important day? It's now 6pm in the Philippines, but my waiting time just got pushed back 1.5 hours more. Boo!

------------

Scratch that, waiting is pushed back to 8pm. I hadn't factored in Botsie taking pictures of the dress and then emailing them to me. Change of game plan: I have to watch a movie. But before I sound off, let me just say that Botsie and Alec have been very, very gracious in following everything up for me. It certainly made gown-ordering in the Philippines an easy process. Thanks, you guys! We love you!

-----------

(about to watch Swordfish...I'm probably the last person to have seen it)

----------

It's 8:30PM Philippine time, just got done watching Swordfish, and my best friend Botsie is still MIA in the GoogleTalk world. In the meantime, I could regale y'all with my impressions of Swordfish:
  • John Travolta is fat
  • Hugh Jackman is hot
  • Halle Berry is smokin' hot
Seriously, it's 5:30AM here, and I can't coherently piece together the merits of Swordfish. I was like "wh-uh? who's the...? where did he...? how'd he do that...? oh..." It was entertaining to watch, and more importantly, it made the waiting bearable...but for the life of me, I can not process all the who's-conning-who part. I say, it deserves another viewing, when I'm less numb.

-----------

9PM Phil. time, SMS to Botsie:

Don't kill me with suspense. Is it good? Be honest.

------------

9:10PM IM from Botsie:
I'm back! Super duper nami imo na dress!

my reply:
PICTURE!!! aaaahhhhhh!!!

-------------

Ladies and gentlemen, I have gone to the deep end. I am now officially a mad-bride. I am crying and laughing at the same time, and I am looking at this with pure joy:


And, yes, I am a lout for not showing the entire dress. You know I can't yet! I have engaged you in this roller-coaster, schizophrenic post...only to reveal the details of my train. Please forgive me? Suffice it to say that I am beyond ecstatic over the outcome of my dress. The details...such pure joy to look at! Thank you thank you thank you Botsie for being the bestest friend in the whole wide world!

-------------

I probably spent an hour just staring at the pictures. It is now 7:30AM here, and I am mind-numbingly tired. All that adrenaline from waiting and from finally seeing the pictures have led to a parasympathetic-induced sluggishness. Thank you for bearing with me on this post, I shall now sign off and dream wonderful dreams of my fabulous gown.

-posted by tanya-


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waah tans! Nabitin ako... pero judging on the train, simple lang ang mga details, pero elegant looking. Can't wait to see it on you. :)

kiah said...

Eeeeeeee! You're such a little tease! Haha, but the embroidery looks outstanding!

mark & tanya said...

Sorry you guys! Bitin tu-od. As soon as it arrives, i'll take pictures of me wearing the gown (and with strict orders to markymark not to look at this blog). I'm praying that I could still fit in it!